So this weeks Smackdown was pretty expected, in fact I think I could have written it. Raw 1,000 had the surprise of CM Punk turning heel, Smackdown unfortunately is the lesser cousin of the great Raw.
This is what I reflected on after Fridays show:
1) I like having The Miz as intercontinental champion compared with having The Big Show or Christian. It means we get more of The Miz on the mic and before The Miz was off shooting his film, WWE seemed to not really know what to do with him. The problem I have with having The Miz and Christian competing for the title is that I think this title and the US title should really be for up and coming superstars. Before we had the Cruiserweight Championship and the Hardcore Championship for those wrestlers just starting their careers at the WWE and it gave them some prestige and an easier chance to get to the top.
2) Which brings me to Ryback. WTF? They give a guy a winning streak which literally looks like it's going nowhere. Why not make him more dangerous and a heel? Make him take out a couple of the fan favourites and then give him a good rival like Brodus Clay. There's the chance to make both of them good WWE superstars. Rubbish gimmicks just aren't interesting.
3) Ziggler vs. Jericho. Good. Should genuinely be a great match at Summerslam. I'm kind of 50/50 who I want to win though, Jericho because they haven't given him a win at a PPV for an age or Ziggler as I want him to be the next WWE champion? Not sure, think Jericho should edge it.
4) Alberto Del Rio as no.1 contender? His matches where he dominates Sheamus, does a few dirty tricks, has his ring announcer interrupt the match and eventually lose to a Brogue Kick is getting so dull. I don't think I've ever been this less interested in the WWE Championship than I am now. Jericho and Ziggler would make for a much more interesting Championship rivalry.
No comments:
Post a Comment