I'd just like to start with a question: How good was Raw 1,000th Show?
Answer: Very.
It was a show full of nostalgia but more than that, it had the heel turn the WWE needed. So what were the main reflection points of last nights show?
1) The past is still present. DX came out to a huge pop, as did Vince, as did the APA, as did The Rock. Billy Gunn looked as good as ever, lord knows how Road Dogg was the #1 worldwide trend at the time, I thought it'd be #whereschyna?, to which the reply is surely #deepthroating.
2) AJ? GM? Seriously? I was kind of hoping Vince would announce Shane O'Mac as the GM. Surely the only way this is going to work is if she joins with CM Punk to become the most hated, conniving couple since Vickie and Edge. Unfortunately the only thing I can see her do next week is skip in, announce that Daniel Bryan must face Kane, Skip out saying Yes and that be that. Not sure it's good for business Vince.
3) The Rock will face the Champion at the Royal Rumble. Well it's better than announcing a match a year away. The problem is he can't win the title, or he can if Dolph Ziggler then cashes in his Money in the Bank straight after. The Rock isn't coming back full time, he has too many films planned, how awful will the WWE look if their WWE champion doesn't show up every week? Hopefully though it is against CM Punk, I do not want another Cena vs The Rock endless promos. oooo who has the biggest Twitter followers? Who cares?
4) The Undertaker is back! Ish. Is it me or are we now just waiting for who he'll pick for his Wrestlemania opponent next year. I can see him fighting at Survivor Series but then we won't see him again until Wrestlemania season next year. I have no idea who he'll face, Kane? HHH? Cena? Maybe even someone less expected; Batista anyone?
5) HHH showed he has a shot at Brock Lesnar. It would have been all too easy to see Brock nearly snap HHH's arm again but instead we saw what we needed to see: the match at Summerslam will be a close one. I feel like I'm still waiting to hear an added stipulation to the fight, Hell in a Cell? Street Fight? No DQ?
6) Lita showed how poor the Divas section is at the moment. Her return took me back to a time when I didn't skip the Divas matches. Last year they brought in Awesome Kong, sorry I mean Kharma, hopefully she'll soon be back but who knows who could then beat her, probably a feud with Beth Pheonix could bring the legitimacy back to the Divas section.
7) Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho could be interesting. It's being set up nicely and their feud is likely to spawn a pretty decent match at Summerslam. The problem I have is that both are portrayed as heels but both have begun being liked by the WWE Universe, which begs the question, which one of them is going to be cheered by the fans. I'm guessing Jericho will come back to being a fan favourite whilst Dolph will continue being a heel as to make his reign as MITB briefcase holder more interesting. BTW, I love Dolph, not since The Rock have the WWE had someone who can sell a move as well as he can. BTWW, The Rock's GTS fall was the best I've seen so far.
8) FINALLY we may have a good heel again. I was pretty shocked that CM Punk turned his back on the WWE Universe but that's what a good heel turn is supposed to be. On my count the top order heels we have at the moment are Alberto Del Rio and Big Show (hopefully Wade Barrett to add to these soon). Jericho, Dolph and The Miz split the WWE in half, a good heel has everyone hate him, not just the kids. So it's about time we have another and about time we have someone who's as good on the mic as CM Punk who has to be one of the best heels in the business. Someone who will speak his mind and rile the fans, just look back at this promo when he was in Ring of Honour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HreA5N16LUc . I'm guessing Summerslam will have John Cena versus Big Show which hopefully will leave CM Punk against Daniel Bryan again, by far the best match at Money in the Bank. I just hope they do something interesting, an Iron Man match would be apt.
9) And lastly, it's about time Sheamus loses the Heavyweight title. It's long overdue. I'm hoping he has to face either Wade Barrett at Summerslam and lose or Randy Orton at Summerslam, lose and then turn heel again. The title is just getting a tad boring around his waist.
No comments:
Post a Comment